20 Jun Central Coast Council
The Central Coast Council has supported us from the beginning. But more than that they have given us amazing support!
Community and Cultural Programs support
Almost before we got going Ellen Bridge, Community Development Worker from the Council’s Community and Cultural Programs team, was in direct communication and supporting us. Most importantly Ellen guided us through the many ways Council supports community based charities such as We Care Connect.
Our first Council grant enabled our first major expansion by providing the extra shelving, storage containers and the transition rental storage space we desperately needed.
We have subsequently received key small grant funding support to develop a transport network, and for transitioning web site and social media following our incorporation as a full charity in late 2018 and changing our name from We Care Uniting to We Care Connect.
Social Enterprise Launch Pad
Above all has been the Council’s support provided through the Social Enterprise Launch Pad Program https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/residents/support-programs/social-and-community-enterprise facilitated in 2019 by Adele Johns, Community Enterprise Officer.
This program describes social enterprise as using a business model to meet a social need or aspiration. Social enterprises are designed to be self-funding or recover the costs associated with meeting community, cultural, economic and environmental needs.
Through the use of social enterprise, communities and individuals become empowered to:
- create the change they want to see in their world
- more effectively deliver community outcomes
- meet urgent social priorities
- generate sustainability in social programs
- reduce their dependence on external funding.
Central Coast Council offers a range of programs as part of the Central Coast Regional Social Enterprise Strategy:
- promote economic sustainability in the social sector
- increase the social and community benefits generated by local enterprises
- support the development of innovative new enterprise models within the region.